Last week, a story
emerged from the US about the best songs for housecleaning. Some 2,000 people were surveyed and 66% said that they listen to music while they tidy up around the house. (The survey was commissioned by DishFish
, who know a thing or two about scrubbing.)
Breaking things down further, 58% cleaned to hip-hop/rap while 51% responded with “I listen to the blues.” About 47% said that they include a little rock, too.
Here’s America’s ultimate cleaning playlist.
- “Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson feat. Bruno Mars
- “Read All About It” by Emeli Sandé
- “Work” by Rihanna
- “All of Me” by John Legend
- “But a Dream” by G-Eazy
- “Girls Like You” by Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B
- “Pretty Hurts” by Beyoncé
- “Beautiful Girls” by Sean Kingston
- “I Don’t Care” by Ed Sheeran and Justin Bieber
- “Good Feeling” by Flo Rida
Seriously? I’m sure we can do better. If the house/condo/apartment/room/squat needs a tidy, what music would you use?
© 2019 Corus Radio, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.